Buckeye Show Basketball
The Buckeye Show strives to give back to our city.
Columbus City Schools (CCS) what they have so generously given to their communities - a strong foundation, renewed purpose, and distinctive character. The Cheer Competition Program will provided $300 dollars to the winner of the Season long Competition.
- High School/Junior High Division squads must consist entirely of students who have not graduated from high school.
- All permitted skills (stunts, pyramids, tumbling etc.) must be performed on the competition mat. • Competitions comply with the NFHS and AACCA surface ruling that school based programs may not compete on a spring floor. Approximate floor size will be a traditional mat of 42 feet deep by 54 feet wide (9 strips). • Objects cannot be thrown outside the competition floor. • Poms, signs, flags, megaphones and/or banners may be placed or dropped outside the competition area by a team member.
- Set up a playlist for each routine • Turn OFF any equalizer, sound check and/or volume limit • Turn your volume up to 100% • Turn off all notifications • If using a phone, make sure it is in airplane mode to avoid incoming calls during performance
- Coaches are strongly advised to create routines (mix music) that finish a few seconds under the time limit to ensure that the team does not go over time.
- INJURY The Safety Judge, coach, athlete or competition official reserves the right to stop a routine due to an obvious injury.
- Uniforms School Uniforms only or TShirts
- All facets of a performance or routine, including choreography, music selection and outfitting (cheerleading), should be suitable for family viewing and listening.
- Members 5-12 members only
- Absolutly No Tosses
- Stunt Diffculty:
- Extension Preps or One Leg Variations Below Prep Level
- Pryamid Difficulty:
- Pyramids involving an Extended Two Leg Stunt and/or One Leg Stunt at Prep Level
- Tumbling Diffculty:
- Cartwheels or Round-offs or Forward/Backward Rolls
- Time: 2 Minutes 30 Secs